auctex-devel

Re: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:27:25 +0000

Hi Tassilo,

On 26/02/2021, Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Thanks, I've pushed it to a same-named branch on our repository so Uwe
> and others can test-drive it more easily.  Feel free to ping me when I
> should update it.

Thank you for creating the branch.
Do you prefer I ping you privately by email or in this list?

> It looks like you regularly rebase it onto master.  I like that but I'm
> not sure what users like Uwe think.  If you "git pull" a rebased branch
> (and you have no local changes), will that just work or do you also need
> to "git reset --hard origin/branch"?

Indeed, one would have to run `git reset ...`.
I preferred to rebase so that it is easier for you as AUCTeX maintainers to
merge changes and since no one was using my repo besides me. I can switch to
merging changes instead if that is more convenient for you when pulling changes.

Best regards,
-- Al