auctex-devel

Re: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:17:44 +0000

Hello Tassilo,

> I'm not antipathetic to that suggestion, or maybe another approach was
> that we pull his changes into a separate branch and he tells us when to
> pull again (assuming that Al can make his repo publicly accessible).

The repository is publicly accessible here
https://github.com/haji-ali/auctex

The branch is called tex-build-only. There's an extra patch file in etc that
probably should not be included when pulling changes. I can remove it if that
makes things easier.

> In any case, before we can incorporate any of his changes into our
> repository, we have to do the copyright formalities.  Al, would you be
> willing to assign copyright of your (preferrably past, current, and
> future) changes to AUCTeX (or even better, Emacs, which includes AUCTeX)
> to the Free Software Foundation [1]?

I have already done this in September last year.

Best regards,
-- Al