auctex-devel

Re: Output to directory patch

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Output to directory patch
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 19:50:46 +0900

Hi Al,

> In the meantime, I updated preview-latex to work with TeX-output-dir
> (hopefully). I don't use preview-latex and the code is quite
> complicated, but I tested it on some examples and it should now work
> when caching preamble or not.

> The updated patch (off the latest commit 653e2723) is here:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/haji-ali/auctex/tex-build/etc/auctex-output-dir.patch

At last I managed to try your updated patch. It works with preview-latex
for plain cases, but still doesn't work for file name with space, e.g.
"abc def.tex", unfortunately.

Also, I wonder whether it can be simplified or not. Is it really
necessary to introduce a new variable TeX-command-file-function and
tweak the argument of TeX-save-document? It seems that Mosè's approach
doesn't need such complexity. Are TeX-active-master function and
TeX-current-process-region-p variable deficient for those purposes?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita