om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] The name. Again.

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] The name. Again.
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:10:55 -0400

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 14:29 -0500, grae wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Dave Robillard <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 12:45 -0500, grae wrote:
> > > Just to ensure clarity.  You are right that it (google) makes the
> > > potential correction after 3 results, but after 3 "Maude" results it
> > > goes back to the original "Maud" results, for which there are many
> > > pages.
> > >
> > > And for the sake of it, I always thought Om was kind of cool, and I
> > > think you'd find it difficult to find many people around here that
> > > thought the opposite.  I often think sillyness of the things I come up
> > > with, even when no one ever gives me reason to think so.
> > > Self-perception's a bitch....at least for me anyway ;)
> >
> > (Again, I hate nagging but please don't top-post on this list, you've
> > wrecked this thread twice now.  Post your replies BELOW what you are
> > replying to, thanks)
>
> ok my apologies.  In gmail I don't have the problem that you speak of
> so I never realized what you meant by the "top-post"ing  thing.  Gmail
> creates it's own thread of emails that share the subject line  (yikes,
> I just about did it again in this post :(  )

Yeah, it's a shitty problem.  Mixing top posting and bottom posting
makes the archives really difficult to read.  The only solution is to
enforce one way of posting, so that's what I do.  Oh well :/

I'm not a very big fan of the Gmail interface in general, FWIW.  It
makes it nearly impossible to reply to bits of a message, which with
long posts is usually the clearest thing to do.

Dah well.  Maybe one day someone clever will figure it all out.

-DR-