om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] The name. Again.

From: Ross Clement
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] The name. Again.
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:10:17 +0100

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 10:57 -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 08:55 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> "Om" sound silly in real life and gets lost in conversation (having no
> consonants).  I don't ever, ever recall telling it to someone without
> getting asked or having to explain it.  I need a more normal name if I
> want to be able to take Om further and possibly do some research related
> to it (without looking like a jackass).
>
> Most importantly, everyone damn-well calls it "om-synth".  It's

Well, it's your baby. But I think "om" is a great name. I do call it
"om-synth" myself when I talk to people about it. If you want to change
the name, why not just make the official name "om-synth". It's a great
name.

PS: I once had a paper accepted in an international journal for a system
called "Gurpo" (for no reason). After it was accepted I did change the
name to something more sensible, but that was my choice and clearly the
previous name didn't stop publication.

Cheers,

Ross-c