om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] The name. Again.

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] The name. Again.
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:57:46 -0400

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 08:55 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:31:22 -0400
> Dave Robillard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Why do you want to choose a new name?
> I think om is just integrated and gets known more and more.
> It would be bad to choose a new unknown name.

(Please don't top-post on this list)

"Om" sound silly in real life and gets lost in conversation (having no
consonants).  I don't ever, ever recall telling it to someone without
getting asked or having to explain it.  I need a more normal name if I
want to be able to take Om further and possibly do some research related
to it (without looking like a jackass).

Most importantly, everyone damn-well calls it "om-synth".  It's
changing.

-DR-