Re: [Mldonkey-users] alternate temp file system, plz

From: vnc
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] alternate temp file system, plz
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:53:49 +0200

Hi,

devein wrote:
g2gui is also for win32 , and for now, it doesnt even compare with
mldonkeywatch, not speaking about _interface_ of emule....

Hm, that means G2gzui > mldonkeywatch > interface of emule?
Or emule > mldwatch > g2gui (which i cant really believe).

PS what are these advantages of mldonkey over emule (except for obvious:
server-client architecture) ?

I rely heavily on bittorrent beneath ed2k in mldonkey.
(Actually i sometimes wish even for ftp/http downloading support due to the highly convenient server/client architecture of mld.) Oh, and mldonkey never crashes here. At least xmule did rather frequently when I checked the last time. For a server/daemon-program this is not acceptable.

And ... *personal rant*
Until other clients support gui/core separation, there is not even the slightest possibility of myself switching permanently to another client, because here are multiple people who use one core on our household server.

Bye,
vnc

G2gui Team