Re: [Mldonkey-users] alternate temp file system, plz

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] alternate temp file system, plz
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:51:14 +0200

Hi!

Splitting the files into separate chunks have disadvantages and advantages.
We could collect them here. I start with...

Disadvantages:
1) previewing files are more complex
2) committing takes more time

Advantages:
1) downloading file derivates doesn't need much disk space until committing
2) calculating checksums could be done when a chunk is finished or altered
This could probably decrease the number of file derivates.

BTW, does anybody know why there are sometimes that many derivates of a file?
I have seen some, where there are 40 and more!!! where there are some chunks
with the same checksum and others not.

Andre