Re: [Mldonkey-users] Compile problem with latest CVS sources?

From: Rheenen op Freeler
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Compile problem with latest CVS sources?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:42:07 +0200

Sylvain LE GALL wrote:

Hello,

Please read the thread concerning Compilation with OCaml 3.07. Your
probleme is directly related to camlp4 bug, and needs you to patch the
ocaml source.

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL
Thanks for the help there, but I chose to revert back to OCaml 3.06 for this. But even OCaml 3.06 will not succesfully 'make install', nor will mldonkey do it's 'make depend'. I read in the mailing list archives that I should download patches of all kinds of several of the toolkits and dependencies used by OCaml and mldonkey and, well, after downloading more than 700 megabytes of software (cygwin, gtk+, mldonkey, OCaml and all dependencies) I give up

This is way too difficult, even for someone who has been programming for 20 years now. I'm used to downloading sources and building them right away, but even the compiler of OCaml has problems!

Good luck with mldonkey, I'll stick with the binaries for now. Over and out.