Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and the following bar line
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:12:11 +0100

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 2:50 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 11/11/2021 à 13:24, Paolo Prete a écrit :

> This appears to me as an additional issue instead a *must do*.
> Formatting as pdf (or plain text) an API doc with an OO paradygm and
> plenty of links is IMHO meaningless. I give you a personal advice:
> don't spend your time in the creation of this kind of document; what
> now seems good to you, in the future will show many unwanted side effects.

It's not that I personally like or use documentation
in PDF or info format; the choice is not mine.

I see, but my advice included your Scheme example, which is formatted as plain text as well.
IMHO, a tool that formats on the fly, as a tree or list on the standard output in plain text, a sum of cross links, would be actually unusable in practical cases, even if it initially appears helpful.
If you need an autodoc on the fly, you should consider how IDEs interface to the autodoc directory/files, giving hints through popups, beyond the scope of LilyPond (and huge effort to implement for any editor).
Therefore I encouraged you in spending time in observing what is the "de facto standard" way of managing the API doc that is already part of the LilyPond project.

Best,