Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and the following bar line
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:11:11 +0000

From: Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 9:07 AM
To: Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 11/11/2021 à 15:12, Paolo Prete a écrit :
> I see, but my advice included your Scheme example, which is formatted
> as plain text as well.
> IMHO, a tool that formats on the fly, as a tree or list on the
> standard output in plain text, a sum of cross links, would be actually
> unusable in practical cases, even if it initially appears helpful.
> If you need an autodoc on the fly, you should consider how IDEs
> interface to the autodoc directory/files, giving hints through popups,
> beyond the scope of LilyPond (and huge effort to implement for any
> editor).
> Therefore I encouraged you in spending time in observing what is the
> "de facto standard" way of managing the API doc that is already part
> of the LilyPond project.

I am not managing to convey my meaning across. The
Scheme example was _not_ intended to become something
outputting documentation for on-the-fly usage in editors.
It was meant to be a proof-of-concept for retrieving
and structuring the information (rather than formatting
it) in a way that could be reused in the autogeneration
process that outputs the official Internals Reference.
Our autogeneration script is written in Scheme.

I see. Is the autogeneration script made from scratch, or does it feed some preexisting tool, that inspects a set of files, for autodoc?

I mean: in case of C++ code, Doxygen is (more or less) simply fed by a set of options and then, voila, the autodoc is generated.

If not, I wonder as well if is it possible to use an alternative to the previous script and generate the autodoc by pointing to the src dir with some tool.

The problem is that part of the source files to be explored are written in Scheme, and part are in C++.  I don’t know of any existing tool that works with both languages.

So we have a custom documentation tool, written in Scheme.

Carl