Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and the following bar line
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:06:52 +0100

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 11/11/2021 à 15:12, Paolo Prete a écrit :
> I see, but my advice included your Scheme example, which is formatted
> as plain text as well.
> IMHO, a tool that formats on the fly, as a tree or list on the
> standard output in plain text, a sum of cross links, would be actually
> unusable in practical cases, even if it initially appears helpful.
> If you need an autodoc on the fly, you should consider how IDEs
> interface to the autodoc directory/files, giving hints through popups,
> beyond the scope of LilyPond (and huge effort to implement for any
> editor).
> Therefore I encouraged you in spending time in observing what is the
> "de facto standard" way of managing the API doc that is already part
> of the LilyPond project.

I am not managing to convey my meaning across. The
Scheme example was _not_ intended to become something
outputting documentation for on-the-fly usage in editors.
It was meant to be a proof-of-concept for retrieving
and structuring the information (rather than formatting
it) in a way that could be reused in the autogeneration
process that outputs the official Internals Reference.
Our autogeneration script is written in Scheme.

I see. Is the autogeneration script made from scratch, or does it feed some preexisting tool, that inspects a set of files, for autodoc?
I mean: in case of C++ code, Doxygen is (more or less) simply fed by a set of options and then, voila, the autodoc is generated.
If not, I wonder as well if is it possible to use an alternative to the previous script and generate the autodoc by pointing to the src dir with some tool.

best,