Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between the last note of a measure and the following bar line
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:41:09 -0800

On 2021-11-11 5:50 am, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
Le 11/11/2021 à 13:24, Paolo Prete a écrit :

This appears to me as an additional issue instead a *must do*. Formatting as pdf (or plain text) an API doc with an OO paradygm and plenty of links is IMHO meaningless. I give you a personal advice: don't spend your time in the creation of this kind of document; what now seems good to you, in the future will show many unwanted side effects.

It's not that I personally like or use documentation
in PDF or info format; the choice is not mine. We
already build all manuals in all three formats, and
some users are accustomed to them. If we change the
formatting of the IR, formats other than HTML must
be accounted for, either by choosing a presentation
scheme that is readable in those formats or by
generating conditional Texinfo markup (@ifpdf and
similar) so that they will use their own scheme
entirely.

If it helps to have a data point, I exclusively use the PDF manuals for my reference (apart from searching the code base directly).

-- Aaron Hill