Re: The future of Octave

From: Jonathan C. Webster
Subject: Re: The future of Octave
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:54:42 -0500

Hi John,

A big thank you to you and to  the other folk that have contributed to
Octave.

As to the future of Octave, let me mention  two of its features  that I use
often:

Octave can be started with the name of a script file to run. Then, at least
on a UNIX type  box ( Linux) , that can be put in the background.  I would
hate to have the GUI  enthusiasm  spoil that ability.  Read that as "The
computer can do the work while I do something else."

It's nice still to be able to pass -mat-binary files to other people working
on the same project who DID go out and buy MatLab.

As to a wish list:   Multi dimension arrays  and generalized transpose of
those arrays.

Regards,
Jonathan