Wishlist (Was: Re: The future of Octave)

From: Kevin Straight
Subject: Wishlist (Was: Re: The future of Octave)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:31:16 -0800 (PST)

One feature I could use that has NOTHING to do with GUI (which I agree
belongs on the other list) would be a really good macro expansion
facility, which would be a real convenience when scripting.

I would want to be able to define multi-line macros with arguments.  I
would also want a conditional directives (like in the C preprocessor) and
the ability to include other script files (like the C include statement).

Any idea how hard this would be?  Of course, maybe Octave already has
something like this, and I'm just missing it...

Kevin Straight
University of Idaho
www.uidaho.edu/Šþstra9456