Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:54:31 +0200

Hi Kevin,

the problem is that this function is defined in socket.c and the structures
I'm interested in are SCTP specific. As far as I understood the comments
on the list it is not appropriate that SCTP stuff is used that fil (or
in guile at all).

Since the set/getsockopt function does not reference any specific structure it would be a possibility of have it provided as generic as it is in C and
I would write some scheme functions to transfer the SCTP specific data
into the generic one. This would allow me to provide a C based module to
provide SCTP functionality without using my own version guile which I
want to avoid, because it is difficult for me to test all the platforms.

BTW, do you know how handle a function like

SCM_DEFINE (net_sctp_recvmsg, "sctp-recvmsg!", 2, 2, 0,
            (SCM sock, SCM str, SCM start, SCM end),
            "Return data from the socket port @var{sock} and also\n"
            "descriptor: any unread buffered port data is ignored.")
#define FUNC_NAME s_net_sctp_recvmsg
{
  int rv;
return scm_list_4 (SCM_MAKINUM (rv), address, SCM_MAKINUM (flg), s_sinfo);
}
#undef FUNC_NAME

in a module? I have not found an example for C based modules for guile yet.
Everything distributed with guile is scheme based, I think.

Best regards
Michael