Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:22:53 +0200

Marius,

see my comments in-line.

Best regards
Michael

On Aug 24, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Marius Vollmer wrote:

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

with the hints of Kevin I got my stuff working.

Excellent, and please accept my apologies for doing such a louse job
with the first attempt.  I forgot to include sctp.scm in the tarball,
here it is for reference:
No problem. I did not figured out that I had to use load-extension.
I was playing with dynamic-args-call from
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-ref/Low-level-dynamic- linking.html#Low%20level%20dynamic%20linking
which was not that appropriate.

    (define-module (net sctp))

    (export sctp-recvmsg!
            sctp-sendmsg

            SOCK_SEQPACKET

            IPPROTO_SCTP
            IPPROTO_TCP
            IPPROTO_UDP

            MSG_UNORDERED
            MSG_ADDR_OVER
            MSG_ABORT
            MSG_EOF
            MSG_EOR
            MSG_NOTIFICATION
            MSG_PR_SCTP_TTL
            MSG_PR_SCTP_BUF)

    (load-extension "libguile-net-sctp" "net_sctp_init")

I need besides the static functions from socket.c the
SCM_SYSCALL stuff from libguile/_scm.h. This is file is
not installed. So is there a chance to move the SCM_SYSCALL
stuff from _scm.h to __scm.h? If not, I have to duplicate
the code, which is not a problem...

Yes, please duplicate.  SCM_SYSCALL is more of an internal helper for
boilerplate code that unrelated to Guile.
OK.

I have another question: How can I make the documentation included
in the SCM_DEFINE makro available from scheme.

I don't think there is a good way yet.  Which is really bad, bad, bad,
I know.  Leave your docstring in place and hope that you will soon be
able to use it.
OK. I was not sure if I had to do something 'magic' in the sctp.scm
file.