Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:27:10 +0200

Kevin,

see my comments below.

Best regards
Michael

On Aug 24, 2004, at 2:57 AM, Kevin Ryde wrote:

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

Since the set/getsockopt function does not reference any specific
structure
it would be a possibility of have it provided as generic as it is in C
and
I would write some scheme functions to transfer the SCTP specific data
into the generic one.

It's probably better to make replacement functions that do their
specifics then call the core.

(If there were many semi-independent modules going to do that then
some sort of hook arrangement would be better, but a replacement will
work initially at least.)
So I just define my own setsockopt and it will 'overwrite' the existing
one. That'll work. I was not sure if I can just define another function
with the same name and that will overwrite the existing one.

I have not found an example for C based modules for guile yet.

load-extension I think, per "A Sample Guile Extension" and "Putting
Extensions into Modules" in the manual.  More indexing in the manual
might help when looking for such stuff.
I was looking at

http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-ref/Dynamic- Libraries.html#Dynamic%20Libraries

under the title "Modules"
not at "A Whirlwind Tour" where I find under
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-ref/A-Sample-Guile- Extension.html#A%20Sample%20Guile%20Extension
the Extension stuff... Thank you very much for the hint.

Everything distributed with guile is scheme based, I think.

Cf srfi/srfi-13 and 14, and guile-readline/ice-9/readline.scm.
Ahh. I have not found them. I was looking at ice-9...

Thank you very much for your help.