Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:18:33 +0200

Hi Rob,

I got the external library from Marius compiled and
wrote sctp.scm such that the net_sctp_init can
be called and the constants can be accessed.

But I have two functions defined, one of them is defined
by

SCM_DEFINE (net_sctp_recvmsg, "sctp-recvmsg!", 2, 2, 0,
            (SCM sock, SCM str, SCM start, SCM end),
            "Return data from the socket port @var{sock} and also\n"
            "information about where the data was received from.\n"
            "@var{sock} must already be bound to the address from which\n"
            "data is to be received.  @code{str}, is a string into which the\n"
            "data will be written.  The size of @var{str} limits the amount\n"
            "of data which can be received: in the case of packet protocols,\n"
            "if a packet larger than this limit is encountered then some\n"
            "data will be irrevocably lost.\n\n"
            "The value returned is a list containing:\n"
            "- the number of bytes read from the socket\n"
"- an address object in the same form as returned by @code{accept}\n"
            "- the flags returned by the sctp_recvmsg call\n"
            "- a list containing the SID, SSN, PPID, TSN and CUM_TSN\n"
            "The @var{start} and @var{end} arguments specify a substring of\n"
            "@var{str} to which the data should be written.\n\n"
            "Note that the data is read directly from the socket file\n"
            "descriptor: any unread buffered port data is ignored.")
#define FUNC_NAME s_net_sctp_recvmsg
{
  int rv;
return scm_list_4 (SCM_MAKINUM (rv), address, SCM_MAKINUM (flg), s_sinfo);
}
#undef FUNC_NAME

How can I access this function from scheme?

Another question:
I need
ipv6_net_to_num
scm_addr_vector
scm_fill_sockaddr
which are declared static in socket.c. Can they made available and not
be declared static? If not, I need to define them again, which is not
very elegant.

And the last question:
Could the setsockopt and getsockopt functions be extended such that
they support an arbitrary length opt_value? This is the way they are
defined in C. What should the scheme type for the opt_value? A string?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Michael