Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:57:00 +1000

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

> Since the set/getsockopt function does not reference any specific
> structure
> it would be a possibility of have it provided as generic as it is in C
> and
> I would write some scheme functions to transfer the SCTP specific data
> into the generic one.

It's probably better to make replacement functions that do their
specifics then call the core.

(If there were many semi-independent modules going to do that then
some sort of hook arrangement would be better, but a replacement will
work initially at least.)

> I have not found an example for C based modules for guile yet.

load-extension I think, per "A Sample Guile Extension" and "Putting
Extensions into Modules" in the manual.  More indexing in the manual
might help when looking for such stuff.

> Everything distributed with guile is scheme based, I think.

Cf srfi/srfi-13 and 14, and guile-readline/ice-9/readline.scm.