Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:42:16 +0200

Dear all,

see my comments below.

Best regards
Michael

On Aug 16, 2004, at 2:40 AM, Kevin Ryde wrote:

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

Is there a possibility to include

#ifdef SOCK_SEQPACKET
   scm_c_define ("SOCK_SEQPACKET", SCM_MAKINUM (SOCK_SEQPACKET));
#endif

I imagine so.

Great.
   /* protocol numbers */
#ifdef IPPROTO_SCTP
   scm_c_define ("IPPROTO_SCTP", SCM_MAKINUM (IPPROTO_SCTP));
#endif

#ifdef IPPROTO_TCP
   scm_c_define ("IPPROTO_TCP", SCM_MAKINUM (IPPROTO_TCP));
#endif

#ifdef IPPROTO_UDP
   scm_c_define ("IPPROTO_UDP", SCM_MAKINUM (IPPROTO_UDP));
#endif

No, I think "man 5 protocols" advises using /etc/protocols, not hard
coding numbers.
Hmm. I have not seen code with does that for the last argument
of a socket() call. Normally 0 is used, which means 'select whatever
is appropiate'. For port numbers using a function call is common,
especially if the user can specify a name on the command line.
Please note that these numbers are IANA registered numbers
and you do not have a choice.

But it is your decision to include it or not.