Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:45:16 -0700

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:

> I have a Phenom X3 (triple core) and it does help. For example, the 2012
> trailer I pointed to you doesn't decode in real time with the SW
> decoder. So, this generally is a win for H.264 on all platforms.

  Which is what I'd think.

> Please point me to your samples so that I can check where the bottleneck
> is. I believe the clip was poorly encoded.

  http://www.gnashdev.org/cygnal/videos. I'm also setting up a test page
with a bunch of videos of varying types, and to test against various
media servers.

  I was using the JW Flowplayer, with the mp4 files loaded via URL. I
noticed you have a different version of the jw flvplayer, which doesn't
work the same in Gnash as the old version I'm using. :-( This is how
YouTube doe it, I didn't try an MP4 in an FLV container.

        - rob -