Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:56:13 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

I mean, the advantage of the current OpenGL, if you don't consider bugs, is that you control the order of objects displayed. That way, we can render the Video texture at the right layer.

I'm not sure what you mean, but obviously Cairo allows us to draw
whenever we choose.

OK, I git pull'ed my cairo tree. We will need a cairo_gl_surface_create_from_texture() to bind a (ours) GL texture o a Cairo/GL surface then make it possible to use Cairo drawing functions to draw that texture into another Cairo/GL FBO.

For VA-API, we can transfer the decoded video surface to an OpenGL texture. This is fine, but how could we inject it into the current Cairo drawing pipeline? Reading pixels from the GL texture is not an option. So, we need a means to draw our own textures into the cairo_gl_surface FBO.

My idea is to add a cairo_gl_surface_create_from_texture() to Cairo/GL or a cairo_gl_surface_draw_texture() function. It seems cairo-gl-surface.c already has the necessary code to draw foreign cairo_gl_surface into the current one.