Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:15:01 +0000

On Sunday 01 March 2009 14:51:44 Adam Bower wrote:
> John,
>
> No decision has been undertaken by anybody who was formerly or
> currently involved with the AFFS to terminate the membership of any
> member of the AFFS.

This raises two questions,
a) Who is it who is "currently involved with the AFFS", and is this person
a paid up member?
b) If no decision has been undertaken by anybody who was "formerly or
currently involved with the AFFS to terminate the membership of any member
of the AFFS", why have their, [sic, the members], subscriptions been
returned and by whom? Someone must have taken a decision at some point to
return the subscriptions, who was it and why did they make that decision?

> The situation is that any renewals due are no longer being processed as
> the AFFS no longer has anybody in who is carrying out the role of
> membership processing and as a result of this no accurate list of
> current members exists. Because of this you will not find any evidence
> of any decisions made with regard to membership processing as none
> were ever taken.

Mine are being processed, they are paid into the Co-operative bank account
of the AFFS, therefore the first part of the above statement is
inaccurate. It must be that the bank itself is carrying out the role of
membership processing.  If "the AFFS no longer has anybody in who is
carrying out the role of membership processing", who was it that was
carrying out that role previously, and why did they cease to do it.
without informing the members? Or for that matter being replaced?

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/