Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS

From: Adam Bower
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:12:56 +0000

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 12:38:58PM +0000, Adam Bower wrote:

> We have access back onto the server but it might be going down again
> for hardware replacement. The initial reports I have is that it may
> have failed due to a fan not working. It has also been noted that the
> machine was weighed down by a vast amount of spam. When I know more I
> will take steps to make sure that the machine is up to date and secure
> ready to hand over when appropriate.

I've now had another response from positive internet who donated the
server to the AFFS. They have replaced the machine as it was faulty,
the disk from the old machine has been put into the new one and I am
going to try and take an image as a backup to the 2nd disk in the
machine later today if I find time.

thanks
Adam
--