Re: High Quality Video distro on Internet Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC Help

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: High Quality Video distro on Internet Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC Help
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 15:38:01 +0100

On 2004-05-06 13:52:24 +0100 Space Bunny <address@hidden> wrote:

http://v2v.cc

Nice idea, shame they use a CC licence that discriminates against a field of use.

Bit Torrents on own work well if high demand for file but not best way on own to make file available over long time, unless very popular.

Do you have experience with this? If we have some mirrors willing to stay on all the time, would that help? Who would mirror? What speed of data transfer would we need? I think I could help, although the link I would use is fairly slow.

* actually those pages are generated with MIR ( http://mir2.indymedia.de/ ) using Freemarker templating ( http://freemarker.org ) and java servlets and I guess many of you are familar with debate over freeness of using java.

Does it run on a free software system? Is this nicely packaged to work out of the box, or a big hack to get running?

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.