Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC Help

From: adam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC Help
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:21:30 +0100

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:47:30PM +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

> I have a DV camera and a system with the necessary firewire ports.

I figure that the DV part of this is good enough for a start, at least we will
have some kind of archive in some kind of accessable format so we can work out
the digitising/encoding at a later date. If you wish to bring the camera and
video the sessions then that would be most useful

> The biggest challenge with DV is size - just a couple of minutes of video
> can use a GB of storage!

I have a spare(ish) 120 gig disk sitting in this machine at the moment, and I
have a DVD burner. So if you lack time etc. after the event I could always work
out some way of getting the disk to you and if you could get the data onto the
disk I could always work on trying to get something useful out of it.

Thanks
Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden