Re: Fwd: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:34:34 +0100

Till Harbaum wrote:
Thanks - that could be valuable device for testing and future support of
balance levels.
So who is the person to receive such a device? Since i can do the linux tests myself, a person able to compile and test windows and macos ports of enigma would probably be the most useful recipient.

That's me - I am the lead developer with more than 90% of the C++ code additions of the last two years.

Please email the patch to me.
The current version is part of the latest tiltstick download at http://www.harbaum.org/till/tiltstick

O.k.

A patch with a clean configuration by the auto tools without sideeffects
on any other platform would be the precondition for an integration into
the development repository.
I am not sure if adding the patch changes and dependencies, as everything
is pure sdl. Or are there platforms that require special handlings for sdl supported joysticks? I thougt that sdl handles this.

But perhaps adding the patch to the tiltstick download is sufficient as currently the only way to get a tiltstick is to follow my instructions to build one. Patching and compiling enigma is only a tiny additional step
for such a person.

There are few developers who are able to compile Windows or Mac versions of Enigma.

BTW please notify us about any Maemo Enigma release as we would spread
the news on our homepage.
Someone already did a port:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10840
and
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/enigma/

I will never understand why people who port Enigma to other platforms do not contact and inform us about their work.

Greets,

Ronald