Re: Fwd: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor

From: Till Harbaum / Lists
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:54:10 +0100

Am Donnerstag 07 Februar 2008 schrieb Ronald Lamprecht:
> I checked your devel mailing list subscription - everything looks fine,
> you should receive all postings.
Hmm ...

> Thanks - that could be valuable device for testing and future support of
> balance levels.
So who is the person to receive such a device? Since i can do the linux tests
myself, a person able to compile and test windows and macos ports of enigma
would probably be the most useful recipient.

> Please email the patch to me.
The current version is part of the latest tiltstick download at
http://www.harbaum.org/till/tiltstick

> A patch with a clean configuration by the auto tools without sideeffects
> on any other platform would be the precondition for an integration into
> the development repository.
I am not sure if adding the patch changes and dependencies, as everything
is pure sdl. Or are there platforms that require special handlings for sdl
supported joysticks? I thougt that sdl handles this.

But perhaps adding the patch to the tiltstick download is sufficient as
currently the only way to get a tiltstick is to follow my instructions to
build one. Patching and compiling enigma is only a tiny additional step
for such a person.

> BTW please notify us about any Maemo Enigma release as we would spread
> the news on our homepage.
Someone already did a port:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10840
and