Fwd: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Fwd: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:18:26 +0100

Ooops, only sent it to him in private.

---
From: Erich Schubert <address@hidden>
Date: Feb 4, 2008 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor
To: Till Harbaum / Lists <address@hidden>

Hi Till,
Note that I'm not speaking on behalf of the developers; my focus is
solely the Debian package.

In my opinion, both the gameplay and probably the code is designed to
be used with a mouse.
I tried playing enigma with the trackpoint of my old IBM laptop, it was a pain.
Enigma often requires you to do certain mouse accelerations that work
well with a mouse (though mouse quality and settings can make quite
some difference I guess) that you might not be able to reproduce with
the tilt sensors, thus making these levels even unsolveable. This
especially means rapid and forceful acceleration to push stones around
and continuous strong acceleration to defeat gravity and other
constant acceleration in some levels. Therefore I wouldn't assume it
can easily be made playable with either joysticks or tilt devices, but
I might be wrong.

But in the end it all boils down to needing someone to do the actual
work. I'd guess the enigma developers would accept a patch that adds
special support for your tilting device.
---

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\