Re: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor

From: Till Harbaum / Lists
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] TiltStick, USB based tilt sensor
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:46:58 +0100

i was fiddling around with that some time ago and it didn't work.
But the first tiltsticks at that time were pretty unprecise. This has
changed and using jscal is now eliminating the death zone.

There's still a problem left: The sensivity of the tiltstick ranges from
-2G to +2G, but by tilting you can only reach +/- 1G (at least on
this planet). So using jscal will result in the max/min range mapping
being limited to +/- 1G where the device itself can do +/-2G.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to jscal again.

But there's still one reason left to use the event interface: I am doing
this to use it on the Nokia internet tablets. These unfortunately don't
include any joystick routines in the kernel at all. So my only way to
to get the TiltStick to work there is with the event interface.

Till