Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.90

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.90
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:01:44 -0500

aside, TeX is only required when creating ps/pdf documents from the
texinfo source.)

Yes and no. Texinfo on some platforms comes only as part of the TeX package.

Don't get me wrong, i have absolutely nothing against Tex. Besides I know Tex is one of the best typesetting packages in existance, so avoiding it is futile.

My problem is with texinfo, and some of its utilities.
Especially texi2html, which is included in many software packages, (indeed an old version is included in TeX, and no version is included with texinfo) yet almost all projects include old versions. The official maintainer is MIA, so DPrice is currently maintaining it, at least until Olaf reappears.

Use it if you wish, but I will warn that people will continue to have problems with it.

Tacvek