Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.90

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.90
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:23:24 +0100

> Which version does everyone else use?

1.66, see my other post for the download site

> Other stuff
> - The menus seem really sluggish to me. This especially noticable in the
> level selection menu, but even the main menu seems slow.

Mh, strange, I don't recall make any important changes to the menu code.
The main difference is that TrueType fonts are being used instead of the
old bitmap fonts.  If this is  the cause it would be easy to cache the
rendered text in TextButton.

> - In Per.Oxyd level 4, the shogun dots are on white floor.

Ah, I see, it happens only in 640x480, at least here.

> - When I change fullscreenness at the same time as resolution, it works
> on-the-fly. Only changing fullscreenness doesn't work till the next
> start.

Fixed that one, I think.

> - Localization does not really work for me. When starting Enigma, I get
> the
> message "Fehler in Konfigurationsdatei", which is translated,
> but in the game everything is in English.

Strange.  I improved the l10n code a little yesterday, does the problem
still exist?

Cheers
Daniel