emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] E-ink tablets

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] E-ink tablets
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:44:33 +1000

On 2021-02-04 21:50, Joost Kremers wrote:
On Wed, Feb 03 2021, M. ‘quintus’ Gülker wrote:
[...] there are computer enthusiasts who love to use the
IBM Model M as their keyboard, of which I heard it is not an exactly
quiet one either (I have never seen one used, though, so I cannot
directly compare).

I once owned such a keyboard. It came with the first computer I owned, an IBM
PS/2. (Model 25, if I'm not mistaken. Long time ago.)

Yes, the keyboard was quite loud. There are sound files on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

Whether it tops a solid mechanical typewriter, I can't say. Never really used
them.

The descriptions of the sounds on that Wikipedia entry reminds me of https://xkcd.com/915/

Also this talk-page entry is golden: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Model_M_keyboard#Fix_the_subtitles?