emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 22:47:32 +0300

On 2021-01-30 15:43 +10, "Paul W. Rankin" <pwr@bydasein.com> wrote:
> I use a Traveler's Notebook [1] with weekly planner in the front and
> grid notebook in the back. All my notes are entered haphazard wherever
> there's a bare bit of page, and I'd kept thinking I should have some
> kind of system, but considering it now, the haphazard arrangement is
> likely what gives me the notebook's mental landscape, one that I know
> like a familiar place.

The chaos is the system! :-P But yeah that’s the aspect of pen and paper
I miss the most. Digitally my stuff is pretty well organised, but I
just don’t have the same dexterity.

> Also I find it amusing that this list has been discussing ways to not
> use Emacs.

:-D

But also, is a nice, customised journal not a pen&paper Emacs?

> [1] https://www.travelers-company.com/products/trnote/about

There are sooooo beautiful!  I’m always nostalgic about the aesthetics
and the ergonomics of pen&paper, because they can be so much more
pleasant than anything digital.  I wish there was a way to bring that
beauty and comfort to digital land.  E-ink tablets/laptops in the
future, maybe?

-gk.