bna-farsilinux

Re: [FarsiLinux] New member

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [FarsiLinux] New member
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:55:36 +0430

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 14:38, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> > > Nice screenshot. However to be honest I don't see a BiDi language
> > > in this screenshot. The only one that I can see present there is
> > > Hebrew, and amazingly, Hebrew's button is written in English.
> >
> > i know that there is no bidi language - but it IS GTK2 (without X).
> > GTK2 supports bidi - so farsi support should not be the problem.
> > If there will be a graphical installer ready for sarge it's most
> > likely the GTK one.
>
> OK, even assuming that we won't have Farsi support problems with this
> GTK installer, and that it will be included in sarge, there is still
> one thing which remains unanswered IMHO:
>
> Given that sarge will be released app one year from now, and the fact
> that this GTK installer thus won't be ready for another 12 months, what
> should we do about it?
>
> Should we wait 1 year for sarge to be released and the installer to be
> stable? Or are we going to use the installer, even before Debian
> itself?
>
> Cheers

The situation seems to be a little bit more complicated. I had a short
exchange with one of the Debian people. It is not exactly clear if the GTK
thing is going to be there or not. OIf there is a graphical installer, it
will be this oone, but if one is going to be there...

Hence our prallel efforts to take a look at libranet as well and then also
to work for a while with KNOPPIX and the question if we write a QT warpper
around some scripts and sso on..

Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project