bna-farsilinux

Re: [FarsiLinux] New member & suggestions

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [FarsiLinux] New member & suggestions
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:55:27 +0300

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 15:26, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2003 15:26, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > >
> > > ِYes, a Qt based wrapper would be nice. We need to evaluate the
> > > knx-hdinstall.
> >
> > I have never used knx-hdinstall myself. However AFAIK it is just a
> > script, and I really don't know how you can do things like
> > partition management with it.
> >
> > Given the fact that the majority of our distro's users won't have a
> > ready linux-partition on their system, I am curious to know how
> > this script manages to acomplish these tasks .
> >
> > Cheers
>
> It is not exactly a script. It has a simple GUI kind of a thing. It
> just calls other tools to do things. Partintiineng is done via
> cfdisk, MBR via lilo...

I see.

Well with the new informaiton that Matthias provided, it now even seems
less likely that the GTK installer might lead to anything usefull, in
the foreseeable future.

But we still have a couple of options open to us. Libranet as you
mentioned (although there are still many questions around it) and also
the Qt wrapper idea, which seems to be cool, but in my opinion needs
some real work to be something decent.

Arash, just for the time being, please don't limit us to these few
choices (Libranet and Knoppix). There are still plenty of distros out
there (I am downloading one or two right now) and they might have
something usefull.

Cheers
--
/*  This time I will try to put