bna-farsilinux

Re: [FarsiLinux] New member

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [FarsiLinux] New member
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:08:28 +0300

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 07:05, Matthias Laabs wrote:
> Aryan Ameri <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/d-i/screenshots/la
> > >ngua ges-utf8-3.png
> >
> > Nice screenshot. However to be honest I don't see a BiDi language
> > in this screenshot. The only one that I can see present there is
> > Hebrew, and amazingly, Hebrew's button is written in English.
>
> i know that there is no bidi language - but it IS GTK2 (without X).
> GTK2 supports bidi - so farsi support should not be the problem.
> If there will be a graphical installer ready for sarge it's most
> likely the GTK one.

OK, even assuming that we won't have Farsi support problems with this
GTK installer, and that it will be included in sarge, there is still
one thing which remains unanswered IMHO:

Given that sarge will be released app one year from now, and the fact
that this GTK installer thus won't be ready for another 12 months, what
should we do about it?

Should we wait 1 year for sarge to be released and the installer to be
stable? Or are we going to use the installer, even before Debian
itself?

Cheers

--
/*  This time I will try to put