RE: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 06:46:12 -0600

I would prefer that it be used in the common way above. I would rather not get
into adding new macros.

> A word on progress:
> I'm almost done with my program to append the defines at the end of
> each ioxxx.h. I did use the original AVR Studio xml(I scraped my linux
> machine days ago, so I did not use Bob xml file). Should I report
> errors in AVR Studio xml to someone?(Like PD0 being written as "PDO")

Please report them to avr AT atmel DOT com.

Oh, are you using the latest XML files from the 4.16 release of AVR Studio?

> Since this require a lot of file to be modified, I was thinking that
> it might be a good idea to make a brench in the CVS for that feature,
> and when it is done and clean merge it with HEAD.

One way we could do this, is to commit it to HEAD, but not to the 1.6 branch
yet. The latest releases are from the 1.6 branch.

Joerg, do you have any thoughts about this?

Eric Weddington