[avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition

From: Frédéric Nadeau
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:12:23 -0500

Hi there,

For what I can tell, the pin XCK is not define for, at least, ATmega8
and 16. This pin definition would facilitate portage of code between
ATmega8 and 16 since XCK is not on the same pin for both device(PD4
for one and PD0 for the other).

My suggestion is adding the following:

#define XCK_DDR DDRD
#define XCK_DDRx DDD4

To configure USART in synchronous mode you have to set dirrection of
the XCK pin to set device as the clock source or not.

I have no clue what so ever if the file in avr/io are script generated
or made by hand(suspect script generated), so I do not know what kind
of effort it will require, but I'm willing to help.

It might have been previosly discust not to include this in device
definition, is so, please let me know and sorry for the inconveniant
post.

Thanks
Frédéric Nadeau