Re: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:44:08 -0400

> Does anyone know of a better source for part description that the >xml
> provided with AVR Studio?
>
> As far as I can tell, they are:
> - Inconsistent

There is very little constancy across parts.  For example
in the XMEGA parts, the Fuse string text does not even
fall within the Fuse tag section.

> So if you know of any better source(Data sheet of course, a little
> harder to atomise though), please let me know

Take a look at the project I've been hacking at all to slowly
for AVR Dude:

http://www.designer-iii.com/AVR/

It reads all of the XML files, then makes one  single normalized XML
output file.  Things are logically grouped across all parts
consistently.  If the pin information you want is in
the originals then it should not be to difficult to add that.

Eric asked that I switch to XMLStar but I've not done it yet:

 Homepage:            http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/
validate, and edit XML documents

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/