Re: Swarm Example project (Re: Swarm by example (was Re: Open source? -

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Swarm Example project (Re: Swarm by example (was Re: Open source? -> Need to read source tomodel?)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:19:46 -0800

At 01:37 PM 1/19/00 -0600, you wrote:
Please don't forget that Benedikt S and Prof Luna have just published
the book with 10 working Swarm examples and the source code is
available.  I've not seen the book yet, but I have a couple of the
articles and I think they will give us a big leg up.

Absolutely!  However, Darren's idea of partial, well-annotated
examples have a different effect than whole examples (even if
they're well-annotated).  So, Marcus' list of 'features to
demonstrate' have the character of the O'Reilly "XYZ by example"
books.  That may be the only part of the documentation space
we haven't at least made some progress on.

glen

--
glen e. p. ropella =><= Feeding the hamster wheel.  Hail Eris!
Home: http://www.swarm.com/gepr                (505) 424-0448