Beta 1.4.0b0 available [Re: Release Plan]

From: ewl+rdiffbackup
Subject: Beta 1.4.0b0 available [Re: Release Plan]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 11:08:05 +0100

Hi,

On 17/11/2019 22:29, EricZolf wrote:
Writing these lines, I realise that I should try to generate a beta release
(even if only manually) so that people can more easily test, without the
trouble of compiling the code.

So, I've created a release in GitHub (yeah!), it's far from perfect and I'm looking forward to see the automated release pipeline from Otto, Patrik and/or Arrigo, so that we get this as automated as possible.

From my part, I'll revamp the documentation, it's currently mixing development, installation and usage, and doesn't properly highlight the requirements.

In the meantime, anybody can download the Linux binaries from https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/releases/tag/v1.4.0.beta - install and test. Windows will follow shortly (tonight, I hope).

Remember: it's a beta version, be careful!

- if you're confused or not sure, ask on this mailing list
- if you find a bug, create an issue on GitHub with rdiff-backup version, OS and its version, command and log with -v9 verbosity.

Let's get the ball rolling,
Eric