Re: Beta 1.4.0b0 available [Re: Release Plan]

From: ewl+rdiffbackup
Subject: Re: Beta 1.4.0b0 available [Re: Release Plan]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 13:17:33 +0100

Hi,

thanks for the flowers but it's team work.

On 23/11/2019 12:58, Frank Crawford wrote:
I'll also see if I can push a version to Fedora rawhide over the weekend, so you can pull down the current RPM for it.

That would be great, I'm on Fedora 31. From [1] I think you could close the Python 2 and the EPEL 8 bug with the next release.

As a side note, I discovered the 3rd bug about restore-as-of - I haven't understood at first lecture, need to have a deeper look and perhaps create an upstream issue...

Remember: it's a beta version, be careful!

- if you're confused or not sure, ask on this mailing list
- if you find a bug, create an issue on GitHub with rdiff-backup
version, OS and its version, command and log with -v9 verbosity.

I think I need to push a couple of small changes to the RPM spec file templates to build with SCM, that can wait until I've tested with the Fedora build system.

Yes, I've always had mixed feelings about upstream packages, they can only be generic, where most distributions actually need specific packages.

Thanks, Eric

[1] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/rdiff-backup/bugs/#