Re: Beta 1.4.0b0 available [Re: Release Plan]

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: Re: Beta 1.4.0b0 available [Re: Release Plan]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 22:09:05 +1100

On Sat, 2019-11-23 at 22:58 +1100, Frank Crawford wrote:
> Eric,
> On Sat, 2019-11-23 at 11:08 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hi,On 17/11/2019 22:29, EricZolf wrote:
> > > Writing these lines, I realise that I should try to generate a
> > > betarelease (even if only manually) so that people can more
> > > easilytest, without the trouble of compiling the code.
> >
> > So, I've created a release in GitHub (yeah!), it's far from
> > perfectand I'm looking forward to see the automated release
> > pipeline fromOtto, Patrik and/or Arrigo, so that we get this as
> > automated aspossible.
>
> Congratulations on reaching this milestone, and thank you for all
> yourhard work.
> >  From my part, I'll revamp the documentation, it's currently
> > mixingdevelopment, installation and usage, and doesn't properly
> > highlightthe requirements.In the meantime, anybody can download the
> > Linux binaries from
> > https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/releases/tag/v1.4.0.beta
> > - install and test. Windows will follow shortly (tonight, I hope).
>
> I'll also see if I can push a version to Fedora rawhide over
> theweekend, so you can pull down the current RPM for it.

Okay, so I have pushed the beta to Fedora rawhide for anyone who wants
to try it there, but I've also created a COPR repository for all
supported architectures for F29, F30, F31, EPEL7 & EPEL8.

You can access it with "dnf copr enable frankcrawford/rdiff-backup" and
then "dnf install rdiff-backup".

Note that this the beta version, with all the standard
qualifications.  Also, while it should be compatible with existing
backups, you cannot mix current Fedora python2 release (1.2.8) and this
release.

Frank