Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost password script and view all

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost password script and view all
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:07:54 +0800

"Don Graver (dgraver)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave, I would definitely appreciate the password code if you find it.
> Looks like it is a lot of work for a fully integrated password
> recoverysystem though.

Yep, but play with this anyway:

      // based on code from PHP-Nuke
      // enhanced for readability and improved "randomness" by skwashd
      function random_password($uname)
      {
        $syllables =
'er,in,tia,wol,fe,pre,vet,jo,nes,al,len,son,cha,ir,ler,bo,ok,tio,nar,sim,ple,bla,ten,toe,cho,co,lat,spe,ak,er,po,co,lor,pen,cil,li,ght,wh,at,the,he,ck,is,mam,bo,no,fi,ve,any,way,pol,iti,cs,ra,dio,sou,rce,sea,rch,pa,per,com,bo,sp,eak,st,fi,rst,gr,oup,boy,ea,gle,tr,ail,bi,ble,brb,pri,dee,kay,en,be,se';
        $syllable_array = explode(",", $syllables);

        mt_srand(microtime()*1000000);

        $pass='';
        for ($count=1; $count<=4; $count++)
        {
          if (mt_rand()%10 == 1)
          {
            $pass .= (mt_rand()%50) +1;
          }
          else
          {
            $pass .= $syllable_array[mt_rand(0, count($syllable_array) -1)];
          }
        }
        return $pass;
      }

> As for the prefs, I haven't played with head, so I don't know the ACL
> code there.  I am using the latest RC3 release (.512).  One thing I
> hopeHEAD implements is being able to add a group to another group.

Not yet, but some ideas on doing it properly would be appreciated :)

<snip />

Cheers

Dave