Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost password script and view all

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost password script and view all
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:21:27 +0000

Don Graver (dgraver) (address@hidden) wrote:

> 1.  Just curious if anyone has developed a script/hack that will email
> users a new random password if they have lost/forgotten their password.

Not that I've heard of.  One complexity is the myriad ways to store/set email
passwords.

I still haven't had a chance to try Chris's sync to linux passwd concept :(

One nagging thought is how to do a cracklib check and confirm that the email
passwd is updated before permanently changing the phpgw one

> 2.  Also, I brought this up a while ago, but forgot the answer.  When
> logged in as admin, should I be able to click on a "View All Events"
> link instead of having to select a particular group or user to see their
> calendar.  I would like to be able to view all events in the database.

I don't think this is currently possible.  One fast way to do it is to add
everybody to one group (you could call it All) and only give the admin group
read access.  That might be useful for other apps too