RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost password script and view all

From: Don Graver (dgraver)
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost password script and view all
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:07:42 -0000

Okay...thanks for the updates.

In our site (which has basically been converted into an event manager),
the users do not have emails, so I am guessing I could just run a simple
script that would generate a new password, update the database, and
email the user...then they could change it once they login.

As for the view all events, thanks for the revolutionary idea Brian.  We
actually have a group that everyone is a part of, so it works out
perfectly!!  Again, thanks for all the help.

By the way, has anyone implemented an ACL with regards to defining what
preferences a user gets...therefore, a user can change their password,
but cannot change their calendar preferences.  I know there is a forced
prefs option, but that affects every user.  I've edited the calendar
preferences hook to check if a user is from a particular group before
displaying the links, but am just curious if this has been done on a
global scale.  Probably not a big feature request, but just curious.

-- Don Graver