RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All

From: Marc Lutolf
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:17:41 +0200

I'm not sure I explained this clearly. The user can define whether an
address is public or private. But it is the administrator who give users and
groups access to the address module. A solution is to have your
administrator (HR?) make all users members of a group, and then give that
group access to the address book module.

The system allows an administrator to block access of the address data to
certain groups which may work in a company but not need it, such as outside
consultants. This makes sense because, depending on how one sets it up,
there may be information in an address book, i.e. direct numbers or email
addresses, that one wants to restrict.

Marc