Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All

From: Ian Firla
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:33:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Chris Weiss wrote:

> >Hrmn. Why would you want to add addresses to other people's address books?
>
> Some people like it that way.  Exchange/outlook allows you to add someones
> entire
> mailbox, calendar addressbook and all, to your outlook if you have the proper
> permisions.  If you get used to this and find it usefull then it's really
> hard to do
> without it.

I'm sorry. I'm not groking something here.

There's an office with X number of people. Each can make his/her address
public or private. That person's colleagues can choose to display only
their own addresses or all those shared as public for which his/her group
has read permission.

So you tell Jack, "if you want Jill to be able to see the addresses in
your address book, flag them as public". Then you tell Jill, "if you want
to see the addresses that Jack's made public, choose "show all" from the
drop down menu in the address book."

It's not "harder". People once were used to pressing ctrl-F2 to spell
check. Now they click on an icon.

Ian